What is AA PAC?
The African American Parent Advisory Committee (AA PAC) exist to ensure a positive school and parental partnership for improvement and developing parent and community engagement resulting in academic, social and emotional well being for African American and Black students at Hamilton Middle School.
AA PAC works to improve the school and community as a whole through addressing through equitable practices.
African American & Black Students
- Providing academic supports
- Closing achievement and opportunity gaps
- Teaching students how to advocate for themselves and their needs
- Supporting the Black Student Alliance in initiatives that impact the school and the community
- Address and deconstruct the negative perception of African American and Black students through education and community engagement
African American & Black Parents
- Providing a platform for parent voice to be heard and included
- Creating channels for parent involvement
- Serving as a platform and space for parents to find information and available resources
- Empowering parents to advocate for the needs of their children by advocating for improvement and expansion of opportunities and quality programs