What is AA PAC?
The African American Parent Advisory Committee (AA PAC) exist to ensure a positive school and parental partnership for improvement and developing parent and community engagement resulting in academic, social and emotional well being for African American and Black students at Hamilton Middle School.
AA PAC works to improve the school and community as a whole through addressing through equitable practices.
African American & Black Students
- Providing academic supports
- Closing achievement and opportunity gaps
- Teaching students how to advocate for themselves and their needs
- Supporting the Black Student Alliance in initiatives that impact the school and the community
- Address and deconstruct the negative perception of African American and Black students through education and community engagement
African American & Black Parents
- Providing a platform for parent voice to be heard and included
- Creating channels for parent involvement
- Serving as a platform and space for parents to find information and available resources
- Empowering parents to advocate for the needs of their children by advocating for improvement and expansion of opportunities and quality programs
Variety Show – RESCHEDULED
Friday, Dec 20 During the School Day
Rehearsal on Monday, Dec 16 after school
Parents are welcome to attend to watch their scholars perform!
Start of Food Drive
Mon, Dec 2
Bring in your non perishable items to donate to our food drive! The drive will end on Fri, Dec 20.
African American Task Force Parents Meeting
Thurs, Dec 5 | 5:30-7pm
Winter Wonderland Dinner Dance: Tickets on Sale Now!
Thurs, Dec 19 | 5:30-8pm
- Dinner will be held from 5:30-6 pm
- The dance will begin at 6pm and go to 8pm
- Tickets are $5 for the dinner and dance, or $2 for just the Dance
Christmas Basket Handout
Fri, Dec 20
BSA will hand out Christmas baskets to students in need of food.