What is AA PAC?
The African American Parent Advisory Committee (AA PAC) exist to ensure a positive school and parental partnership for improvement and developing parent and community engagement resulting in academic, social and emotional well being for African American and Black students at Hamilton Middle School.
AA PAC works to improve the school and community as a whole through addressing through equitable practices.
African American & Black Students
- Providing academic supports
- Closing achievement and opportunity gaps
- Teaching students how to advocate for themselves and their needs
- Supporting the Black Student Alliance in initiatives that impact the school and the community
- Address and deconstruct the negative perception of African American and Black students through education and community engagement
African American & Black Parents
- Providing a platform for parent voice to be heard and included
- Creating channels for parent involvement
- Serving as a platform and space for parents to find information and available resources
- Empowering parents to advocate for the needs of their children by advocating for improvement and expansion of opportunities and quality programs
Variety Show Tryouts
Mon, Nov 11 & Tues, Nov 12
Tryouts will be held during grade level lunches and after school. Teacher are encouraged to tryout and participate!
Taskforce Agenda Meeting
Mon, Nov 18 | 4:15-5:15pm
Thurs, Nov 21 | 5-7:30pm
The show will be in the auditorium Tickets are $3 for adults, $2 for students, and children under 3 are free.
Fri, Nov 22
Wristbands are be available to purchase for $1 through the end of Breakfast club the morning of Fri, Nov 22.
Start of Food Drive
Mon, Dec 2
Bring in your non perishable items to donate to our food drive! The drive will end on Fri, Dec 20.
African American Task Force Parents Meeting
Thurs, Dec 5 | 5:30-7pm
Winter Wonderland Dinner Dance
Thurs, Dec 19 | 5:30-8pm
- Dinner will be held from 5:30-6 pm
- The dance will begin at 6pm and go to 8pm
- Tickets are $5 for the dinner and dance, or $2 for just the Dance
Christmas Basket Handout
Fri, Dec 20
BSA will hand out Christmas baskets to students in need of food.