Explore Our Programs
Students at Hamilton Middle School engage in their own development through our three program areas: Acacemics, Arts, and Athletics. Because of these program areas, and the success of our students as well, Hamilton Middle School is truly Colorado’s AAA school.
- High academic expectations for every student are just the beginning at Hamilton.
- Our faculty members are chosen for their qualifications, their ability to work with middle school students, and their positive attitude. They continuously engage in on-going education themselves. State of the art technology supports them in their work, from laptops to Promethean Boards.
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)
In additon to the IBO MYP program, students can enhance their education with academic electives and extra curricular activities such as the AVID course, a renown college readiness program.
Several other activities support strong academics at Hamilton. Learn about Accelerated Reader, after school tutoring, the 8thgrade trip to Washington DC, Scripps National Spelling Bee, Brain Bowl, and more.
- Hamilton Middle School is blessed with a large, well equipped studio for the creation of visual arts, as well as a dance studio, tiered band and choir practice spaces, an oversized drama studio, and a 500+ seat auditorium – complete with lights, sound system, and prop rooms. These excellent facilities provide practical support for both student artists and instructors. Here, inspiration lights up the learning process, and creativity shines.
- Each year, student artists perform in a dramatic performance, a musical, choir concerts, band concerts, orchestra concerts, art shows, and dance recitals. At the same time, students in our robotics and film classes will have opportunities to showcase their creative learning as well.
- At Hamilton, we understand that students who engage in athletics are likely to be more engaged in their school, and to have higher success at academics. Our student athletes have a wide range of physical education classes available to them in our two spacious gymnasia. In addition there are two large and well-appointed locker rooms, one for boys and one for girls. These are available for interscholastic sports teams as well.
- Hamilton is proud to have earned championship trophies by many of its athletic teams. Our student athletes can choose from many sports including soft ball, flag football, cross country, boys and girls soccer, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, and baseball.