School Social Workers and School Psychologists are experts in leading school teams as they implement:
- Bully Prevention and Intervention Programs
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS), The Response to Intervention (RTI) model, and Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- Responsive cultural and linguistic service delivery
- Provide culturally responsive special education services.
- Provide evidence-based, culturally responsive interventions.
- Ensure student & staff safety with best practice in suicide risk reviews, threat appraisals, suicide prevention programs, and crisis response.
|Audrey Torrez-Fluent||MSW, LCSW||Social Workeremail@example.com||720-423-9511|
|Vincent Crespin||MSW||Social Workerfirstname.lastname@example.org||720-423-9513|
|Dr. Gloria Casanave Perez||Psy.D.||School Psychologistemail@example.com||720-423-9547|
|Debbie Burgio||MSW, LCSW, MBA||Affective Needs Classroom Social Workerfirstname.lastname@example.org||720-423-9468|
|Rachel Weber||MSW, LCSW||Affective Needs Classroom Social Worker/School Health Professionalemail@example.com||720-423-9468|
|Jennifer Sill||School Psychologist Internfirstname.lastname@example.org||720-423-9468|
|Julie Goldberg||Prevention Intervention Specialistemail@example.com||720-423-9499|
To help school leaders create the conditions so that every single classroom and every DPS school is joyful, rigorous and personalized.
We work to eliminate the structural opportunity gaps that negatively impact our students.
To collaborate with scholars, caregivers, school personnel, and community members to develop productive citizens in a diverse community.
- School-Wide Attendance Interventions
- School-Wide Social Emotional/Mental Health Interventions (Signs of Suicide, Safe2Tell, Risky Business)
- Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS)
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- School-Wide Data Analysis
- BESS -Behavior and Emotional Screening System
- Classroom Management/On-Call Support
- Supervision of Scholars
- Staff Development and Training- Suicide Prevention, Self-Injury Prevention and Safe2Tell Reporting
- School-Wide Family Engagement-HMS Open House, Back to School Night, Parent/Teacher Conferences
- School-Wide Crisis Management- Coordinating with District Crisis Team
- Olweus Bully Prevention Program
- Community Referrals – Clothes to Kids, 211 United Way, Food Baskets, School Supplies, and Transportation Referrals
- Afterschool Snack Program
- Progress Monitoring of Academic/Behavioral Interventions
- Targeted Social Emotional Intervention-Individual work with scholars
- Emergency Classroom Interventions
- Attendance Interventions/Contracting-Attendance Plans, Parent/Scholar Meetings Tardy Interventions
- Sources of Strength Programing
- Small Group Counseling-Mindfulness, Zones of Regulation, 2nd Step Program, Brain Wise Program
- Home Visits/Family Engagement Support
- Coordinate with Outside Agencies-Judi’s House (Grief and Loss), Young Men of Purpose, Mental Health Agencies
- Conflict Resolution and Restorative Practices
- Individual Social-Emotional Interventions
- Suicide Risk Reviews
- Threat Appraisals
- Self-Harming Assessments
- Student Safety Plans
- Child Abuse Reports/Consult
- Functional Behavior Assessments/Behavior Intervention Plan
- Social Skill Support for Center-Based programs-Affective Needs Classroom, Multi-Intensive Classroom
- Targeted and Individual Assessments for Special Education (BASC-III, EDDT, Vineland, GARS, BRIEF, WISC-V,SSIS-SEL)
- Student Intervention Team (SIT)
- 504 Plans-Provide mental health support and assessments
- Attendance Interventions-Court directed interventions
- Culturally responsive de-escalation strategies
PACK Lessons are a key part of Hamilton’s culture and community. Every month Hamilton scholars focus on a new school wide theme and explore what that theme means to them. To help what students take what they learn beyond the classroom check out our monthly take home PACK lessons!
Use the discussion questions and activities to take part in the monthly theme and help your student’s social emotional skills grow.