WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE IDENTIFIED AS 'GIFTED'?
Gifted and talented children in DPS are students whose demonstrated abilities, talents and/or potential for accomplishment are so exceptional or developmentally advanced that they require special provisions to meet their educational needs. These students perform, or show the potential of performing, at remarkably high levels in general intellectual ability, specific academic aptitude or specific talent aptitude when compared with others of their age and experience. Gifted and talented children are present in all student groups, regardless of gender, disability, English language proficiency, economic status, ethnic or cultural background.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
- Click HERE for more information about bright vs. gifted.
- Click HERE for the checklist for culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- Click HERE for information about GT identification.
- Click HERE if you are new to DPS and have a child previously identified as Gifted.
- Click HERE if you think your child may be gifted and you’d like to take an online quiz to learn more.
For more information contact Ms. Judith Metz firstname.lastname@example.org