We at Hamilton are proud that Hamilton Middle School is such a diverse community. Our diversity makes us stronger.
If your family is facing legal or law enforcement issues related to immigration, please utilize the resources below.
We want all Hamilton families to know that we value you and want to support your safety.
Denver Public Schools is committed to making sure that our schools are safe and welcoming places for all students, including for our immigrant students, and that our families know their rights.
Please read this letter from DPS Superintendent Susana Cordova HERE.
Resources for Immigrant Families:
1) Colorado Rapid Response Network: 1-844-864-8341, 24-hour hotline if you witness or know someone impacted by any ICE activity. This is your best resource if you have more questions and don’t have legal representation.
2) Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network Hotline: for detained individuals & family members: (303)-866-9308
3) Casa de Paz: volunteers work to house and reunite families separated by immigrant detention: (720)-500-2272
4) ICE Online Detainee Locator System: loved one or advocate will need detainee’s A-Number and Country of Birth OR First Name, Last Name, Country of Birth and Date of Birth.
5) Know Your Rights iAmerica – English, Spanish, Polish, Korean, Tagalog, Simplified Chinese, Vietnamese, Khmer, Hindi, and Haitian Creole
7) Informed Immigrant’s Know Your Rights Guide
Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock has said, “We are an inclusive, compassionate and welcoming city and the threats of this White House, which are only a distraction from its failures, will never weaken our resolve. Denver is aware of recent reports that immigration enforcement would increase in the coming days, but Denver Police and the City of Denver would never receive advance notice of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) activity. However, we want to reiterate that Denver stands with our immigrant and refugee families, that we do not support family separation or the round-up of immigrant families to spread fear in our community.”
For more information about the City of Denver Office of Immigrant & Refugee Affairs, click HERE.