Posted May 25, 2023
We are fast approaching the end of the school year!
In order to get organized for the upcoming school year, DPS Nursing and Student Health Services has a few items for you to review:
- If your child had any medication and/or medical equipment at school this year, they must be picked up from the health office at the end of the school year.
- Medications cannot go home with your student.
- Medications will be disposed of if they are not picked up by the last day of school.
- If your student is participating in a summer program, the parent/guardian must pick up the medication/equipment on the last day of school and bring it to the summer program on the first day.
- Medication forms for the upcoming school year can be found HERE.
- Per law, your child needs to be updated with the required immunizations for school attendance or have an exemption in place by the start of the school year.
- If your child has health insurance through Medicaid or CHIP, be on the lookout for a renewal letter in the mail from Health First Colorado. To ensure you receive this critical piece of mail: make sure your address, email, and phone number are up to date. Questions? Email or call DPS Medicaid at 720-423-3661
- Denver Health School Based Health Centers provide medical, mental health, dental and behavioral health care to any DPS student and their siblings at NO CHARGE.
If you have any questions, please contact your school’s health office. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you next year!