The Hamilton Collaborative School Committee (CSC) is comprised of 3 parents, 2 teachers, 1 staff member (non-teacher), 1 community member, 1 representative from the PTA, and the school principal. Our role as a committee is to provide guidance, strategic support, and recommendations to the principal regarding resources to support the Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) and school programs.
Our meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of each month (as the calendar allows), from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm at the school. The first 10 minutes of each meeting are available for public input. We will have 2 meetings a year (one each semester) that will be for our constituents – those groups which we represent.
In accordance with state statute, the CSC shall:
Act as the School Accountability Committee (SAC) for the building
Provide guidance, evaluation, and recommendations to the Principal and/or the Instructional Superintendent as to the following:
- priorities for spending school moneys;
- preparation of a school improvement plan;
- preparation of a school priority improvement or turnaround plan, if either is required;
- discuss whether school leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the public school’s improvement, priority improvement, or turnaround plan, whichever is applicable, or other progress pertinent to the public school’s accreditation contract with the Board or the institute;
- preparation of principal development plans for the principal;
- provision of input for principal evaluations;
- Increase the level of parent engagement in the school, especially the engagement of parents of students in the populations described in C.R.S. 22-11-401 (1) (d). The committee’s activities to increase parent engagement must include, but need not be limited to:
- Publicizing opportunities to serve and soliciting parents to serve on the CSC. In soliciting parents to serve on the CSC, the CSC shall direct the outreach efforts to help ensure that the parents who serve on the CSC reflect the student populations that are significantly represented within the school.
- Assisting the school district in implementing at the school the parent engagement policy; and
- Assisting school personnel to increase parents’ engagement with teachers, including but not limited to parents’ engagement in creating students’ READ plans, in creating individual career and academic plans, and in creating plans to address habitual truancy.
The CSC will not:
- participate in the day-to-day operations of the school;
- be involved in issues relating to individuals (staff, students, or parents) within the school;
- be involved in personnel issues (the School Personnel Committee will stand alone according to the current DPS/DCTA contract).
CSC Nominations & Representatives
Each year the Hamilton CSC seeks nominations for new members. The nomination form is available HERE. Elections for 2019-2020 academic year were held in August 2019.
Our CSC representatives are:
Nilka Kentish – Parent/ Guardian Representative
Robin DiFalco – Parent/ Guardian Representative
Heather Wilson – Parent/ Guardian Representative
Melissa Megliola – Community Representative
Carolyn Leahy – Family Liaison
Natasha Forrest – Non-classified Staff Representative
Trista Fussner – Faculty Representative
Martha Gomez – Faculty Representative
Christian Sawyer – Principal
Minutes of CSC meetings will be posted in a timely manner on the school website.
2018-2019 CSC Minutes: