Hamilton Middle School fosters lifelong global learners, through the nurturing of a compassionate and intercultural community that leads change towards a more peaceful world. As international educators, we promote balanced academic, physical, artistic and emotional development for all scholars.
Scholars at Hamilton explore multiple disciplines and demonstrate understanding through inquiry and rigorous assessment. Our scholars are empathetic towards people and their beliefs, and utilize diverse intellectual, linguistic, and cultural perspectives to inform their lens.
We challenge learners and inspire globally-minded scholars to become lifelong, enduring learners, servant leaders, and critical thinkers.
Hamilton Middle School is proud to be an International Baccalaureate Candidate School. All Hamilton scholars participate in the IB Middle Years Program.
- High academic expectations for every student are just the beginning at Hamilton.
- Our faculty members are chosen for their qualifications, their ability to work with middle school students, and their positive attitude. They continuously engage in on-going education themselves.
- Hamilton is proud to be a 1:1 school with chromebooks for every scholar to use in the classroom and to take home to do homework.
- Special Education. English Language Development, and Gifted and Talented teachers support our scholars achievement.
- Monthly assemblies with authors and performance artists help our scholars connect their learning to real world and grow in their appreciation for the diverse cultures in our community and the world.
- Placement into Honors classes is made to support the achievement of our scholars in English Language Arts and Math.
- In addition to the IBO MYP program, Hamilton scholars participate in AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination), a renowned college readiness program.
Hamilton scholars participate in other activities to support our strong academics at Hamilton: Accelerated Reader, National History Day, the 8thgrade trip to Washington DC, Scripps National Spelling Bee, Brain Bowl, Mathletics, after school tutoring, Breakfast Club study hall, and more.
Hamilton Middle School is features a large, well equipped studio for the creation of visual arts, tiered practice space for band and orchestra, an oversized drama studio, and a 500+ seat auditorium – complete with lights, sound system, and prop rooms. These excellent facilities provide practical support for both our scholars and instructors. Here, inspiration lights up the learning process, and creativity shines.
Each year, student artists perform in plays, a musical, band concerts, orchestra concerts, and art shows. Students in Hamilton’s STEAM, journalism, and creative writing classes have opportunities to showcase their creative learning as well.
Hamilton scholars have recently performed in the DPS Shakespeare Festival, at the governor’s mansion, and at Civic Center Park with Issac Slade and Yo-Yo Ma.
At Hamilton, we understand that students who engage in athletics are likely to be more engaged in their school, and to have higher success at academics. All Hamilton scholars participate in physical education classes available to them in our two spacious gymnasia. In addition, there are two large and well-appointed locker rooms, one for boys and one for girls. These are available for interscholastic sports teams as well.
Hamilton is proud to have earned championship trophies by many of its athletic teams. Our scholar athletes can choose from many sports including: flag football, cross country, boys and girls soccer, volleyball, floor hockey, boys and girls basketball, baseball and softball. We also have extracurricular programs for 6th grade volleyball and basketball. Each spring Hamilton scholars participate in Girls on the Run.